Monday, April 1, 2013

T-Minus One Month



Well guys, I am down to a month left until I leave for the MTC. I am so happy. I can't do anything but smile because I know this is what I am supposed to be doing right now.

I am almost finished reading The Book of Mormon, and let me tell you: that book is amazing. I can't believe I get to spend the next 18 months teaching others about it. The Book of Mormon has really great advice, teachings, stories, and many other things that I have been able to apply in my own life as I prepare. It truly is the word of God and what is in there is true.

As it gets closer to my mission date, Satan is defiantly working harder on me. He does not want me to go on a mission and he is doing everything possible to try and stop me from going. But that is not going to happen! Satan knows my weaknesses and he knows what will discourage and distract me from what I should be focused on. It's been hard but when times like this come up, I quickly do something to distract me from his distractions. I usually will pull out my Book of Mormon, read some Ensign articles, or listen to music (church music of course ;)). I know my worth and I know what I should be doing. I often pray for help and comfort, and I know that the Lord is hearing my prayers and comforting.

It's so nice and comforting to know that I have family, friends, and ward members that I can turn to, to support me and help me focus on preparing to leave. I thank you all for that. Thank you for all the love you show me, I am truly, forever grateful for that! That also means that you all must write me while I am serving!!

1 comment:

  1. I love to read about your excitement and your love of the gospel and love of the scriptures. You will truly be blessed for serving a mission. You will be in my thoughts and prayers everyday!

    ReplyDelete