Friday, March 15, 2013

Dear Sister Harston

On March 14, 2013 I went out to my mailbox, and in there was my mission call! I grabbed it and all different types of emotion just over took me. I was so excited that it finally came. I became nervous as to where I was going to be spending the next 18 months of my life. I became stressed out because what if I was going to leave very soon. Above all of this, a calming feeling came over me. I knew that this is what I should be doing and going on a mission is what the Lord wants me to do right now.

I wasn't going to open my call until later that evening, so until I had to get out of the house (I was very tempted just to open it). I decided to go for a drive, to think about everything and prepare myself to open my call.

Around 8:00 that night, my grandparents came over and I also had some friends on the phone to hear where I was going. Opening the envelope my hands were shaking, I could feel the tears coming (I did my best to hold them back) and I read the words:
               
 Dear Sister Harston, 

      You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the California, Santa Rosa Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months. 
      You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, May 1, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language.

Pure joy and happiness over came me! California was not where I was expecting or hoping to go. But, I truly know this is where the Lord wants me. Somewhere in Santa Rosa someone is waiting to hear the gospel from me, and that makes me so happy!


I have so much preparing to do. I leave in like 45 days! I know what I need to do to prepare and with the help of the Lord I can become an excellent missionary!

1 comment: